This 5 week program is designed for dog and owners who want to learn how to keep your dog injury free over the winter months.
Fact: March, April and May at Canine Wellness Centre Inc is when we see the most dogs with injured knees! So join us as we teach you how to use props such as Fitpaws and other items found around the house for this fun and interactive class.
Classes will incorporate lecture and hands on material to keep your dog in peak shape over the winter months.
Some of the topics of discussion will include:
- Basic anatomy of bones, muscles and ligaments
- Safety using various equipment
- Canine body mechanics
- how body mechanics can be ‘set ups’ for injury
- Luring vs. teasing vs. shaping
- Philosophy of why we want to condition our dogs (balance, strength, flexibility, and endurance)
- Compensations and “set ups’ for injury in dogs.
- warm- up and cool -down- why we need it
- Targeted exercises for forelimbs , hind limbs and spine
- Having fun another way to keep you dog fit in
the winter months…
***Please ensure your dog is comfortable in a setting with other dogs.****